It is a benchmark in the specialty of General and Digestive Surgery. He introduced Endoscopic Surgery in Spain with the performance of the first laparoscopic cholecystectomy in a University Hospital, the San Carlos Clinical Hospital in Madrid. She is currently Head of the General, Digestive and Laparoscopic Surgery Service and Director of Emergencies at the Beata Hospital.
Curriculum and results of the selection process
Collegiate number: 282821915
• More than 35 years of experience
• Head of the General, Digestive and Laparoscopic Surgery Service and Director of Emergencies at the Beata Hospital in Madrid.
• Specialist in General and Digestive Surgery.
Charges in public associations
• Founder and President of SECMI, Spanish Society for Minimally Invasive Surgery.
• Founding Member of the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery (EAES), in 1991. President and organizer of the 2nd International Congress of the EAES Madrid, 1994.
• Associate Professor of Surgery at the Department of Surgery of the Faculty of Medicine of the Complutense University of Madrid since 1983.
• Associate professor at the Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery.
Outstanding academic achievements
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with the Extraordinary Prize of Bachelor’s degree, from the Surgery section, of the Complutense University of Madrid.
• Doctor of Medicine and Surgery, Outstanding Cum Laude in 1980. Doctoral Thesis “Chronic experimental hypergastrinemia. Hormonal implications in morphological and gastric functional disorders”.
Publications and conferences
• he has organized and chaired numerous national and international congresses.
• she is the author of more than 50 scientific publications in national and international magazines. is the author of various book chapters.
• FEDEPE Award for Excellence (2008)
Member of private medical associations
• Member of the Scientific Committee of the 1st European Congress of the EAES Bordeaux, 1991
• Member of the Scientific Committee of the 1st European Congress of the EAES, Germany, 1993
• Member of the Scientific Committee of the Joint Meeting of Endoscopic Surgery AEVC and EAES Luxembourg, 1995