Published: May 3, 2020
Written by: Mutia Rahayu | Reviewed by: Team of Doctors
ZREHAB.Com – What medicine is Bevalex? Bevalex is a drug containing the active ingredients of Betamethasone 17-valerate and Neomycin sulfate. This drug belongs to the class of topical corticosteroid drugs. Find out more about Bevalex starting from its ingredients, benefits, dosage, side effects, and more through this article!
- 1 Bevalex Drug Information Summary
- 2 Bevalex Content and How It Works
- 3 Benefits of Bevalex
- 4 Bevalex contraindications
- 5 Dosis bevalex
- 6 Bevalex Usage Instructions
- 7 Bevalex Storage Guide
- 8 Bevalex Side Effects
- 9 Bevalex Drug Interactions
- 10 Attention and Warning
Bevalex Drug Information Summary
Drug Name Bevalex Drug Contents Betamethasone valerate and Neomycin sulfate Therapeutic Class Topical Corticosteroid Drugs Category Prescription Drugs Benefits of Medicines Overcoming certain skin infections Consumed by Adults and children over 1 year of age Medicinal preparations Topical creams
Bevalex Content and How It Works
The way Bevalex ointment works can be seen from the active ingredients in it. Bevalex cream contains Betamethasone 17-valerate and Neomycin sulfate.
1. Betamethasone 17-valerate
Betamethasone is a glucocorticoid type corticosteroid drug which is usually used to treat inflammation of the skin caused by various causes. This drug works on the cells to prevent the leachation of natural chemicals in the body that can cause inflammation.
2. Neomycin sulfate
Neomycin belongs to the class of aminoglycoside antibiotics. This drug works by stopping the growth of bacteria that are sensitive to Neomycin. Neomycin is included in the antibiotic class so that it can only be used to treat infections caused by bacteria, but cannot treat fungal and viral infections.
Benefits of Bevalex
What is Bevalex ointment for? Based on the active ingredients in it, the general benefits of Bevalex are to relieve inflammation from corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses that are complicated by secondary infections caused by organisms susceptible to Neomycin.
– Advertisement –
Secondary infection with bacteria is an infection where the initial cause is not bacteria, but as the wound develops, the bacteria can worsen the wound and cause a secondary infection.
Not everyone can use Bevalex. There are several conditions that require a person to avoid using this topical drug. The conditions referred to include:
- Acne vulgaris
- Dermatitis perioral
- Primary viral skin infection
- Kidney disorders
- Age under 1 year
- External otitis
- Use on large areas of skin
- Primary skin lesions due to fungi and bacteria
Bevalex cream comes in 5 gr dosage form. Each gram contains 1 mg of Betamethasone 17-valerate and 5 mg of Neomycin sulfate. The recommended dosage of Bevalex ointment is 2-3 times per day. This drug is applied directly to the infected skin.
This dose is the recommended dose. The dosage may change depending on the patient’s condition and needs. Do not change your dose without discussing it with your doctor or pharmacist.
Bevalex Usage Instructions
The following are instructions for using Bevalex that must be considered:
- Use Bevalex ointment according to the dosage and use recommended by your doctor.
- Bevalex cream is a topical medication that is only used for external use.
- Clean hands and infected area before applying the medicine.
- Apply the drug thinly over the wound area.
- Wash your hands again after applying this medicine, unless there are wounds on the hands.
- Avoid medications from sensitive areas such as eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Consult a doctor if the drugs do not affect or even the effect is too strong for you.
- Call your health care provider immediately if you accidentally swallow this drug.
Bevalex Storage Guide
The following are Bevalex storage instructions to watch out for:
- Store Bevalex cream at room temperature, do not store at temperatures above 30 ° C.
- Store in dry place and keep away from damp places, do not store in the bathroom.
- Avoid from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- If the drug expires, do not throw away the medicine carelessly. Consult a drug disposal pharmacist.
Bevalex Side Effects
Any drug can cause side effects, including the drug Bevalex. The following are some of the side effects that may arise due to using the drug Bevalex:
- Excessive hair growth
- Skin irritation
- Thinning of the skin
- Change in skin color
- Stretch mark
The side effects of Bevalex above don’t always happen. Side effects can occur due to the use of inappropriate doses or due to certain patient conditions. If side effects occur, especially serious side effects and allergic reactions, stop using the drug immediately and contact your doctor immediately for further treatment.
Bevalex Drug Interactions
The use of the drug Bevalex together with other drugs can cause drug interactions that cause the effectiveness of the drug to decrease or increase the potential for side effects. The following are some drugs that should not be used together with the drug Bevalex:
The above list of drugs is not a complete list. Before using Bevalex, tell your doctor about other medicines, both prescription, non-prescription, sumpelen, and herbs that you are using to avoid drug interactions.
Attention and Warning
Bevalex is included in hard drugs whose use must be through a doctor’s prescription. In order for safe use, use this drug according to the instructions. Before using Bevalex, here are a few things to watch out for:
- Do not use this drug in patients who are hypersensitive to Betamethasone valerate and Neomycin sulfate or other components contained in Bevalex cream.
- Use caution in patients with conditions such as diarrhea, kidney problems, muscle weakness, nerve damage, Parkinson’s disease, and stomach infections.
- Use in women planning pregnancy, pregnant women, and nursing mothers should be done under the supervision of a doctor.
- This drug is not recommended for use by children under 1 year of age because its effectiveness and side effects are not known.
- Long-term use may increase the risk of side effects from this drug. Consult a doctor if this drug does not have any effect in a certain period of time.
DoctorHealthy | © 2020 PT Media Health USA. All Rights Reserved
Regarding the drug AZ
Register your email address and get the latest Health Information and Tips. Subscribe