Published: 25 September 2020
Written by: Mutia Rahayu | Reviewed by: Team of Doctors
ZREHAB.Com – Betason N what medicine? Betason N is a topical drug brand containing Betamethasone valerate and Neomycin sulfate. Betason N is generally used as a drug to treat various problems with inflammation of the skin and skin irritation due to bacteria.
Betamethasone valerate is a corticosteroid drug of a glucocorticoid type. This drug works to treat inflammation or inflammation. Meanwhile, Neomycine is an aminoglycoside antibiotic drug that works by killing various types of bacteria that attack the skin.
Benefits of Betason N
Based on the workings of the active ingredients contained in it, the benefits of Betason N in general are to overcome infection or inflammation of the skin. This drug acts on skin diseases that are sensitive to corticosteroid drugs and accompanied by secondary infections caused by bacteria that are sensitive to Neomycin sulfate. Here are some of the conditions that can be treated with Betason N:
- Eczema and dermatitis, including contact dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, numeral eczema, eczema of milk, dermatitis herpetiformis and exfoliative dermatitis.
- Psoriasis, a condition where skin cells build up that causes scaly skin that is dry and itchy. The cause is an immune problem.
- Intertrigo, inflammation that occurs in the folds of the body.
- Mycosis fungoides, a type of lymphoma (cancer of the lymph nodes) nin-Hodgkin that attacks the skin.
- Pemphigus is a rare skin disorder, the symptoms of which are lumps like boils.
- Steven-Johnson syndrome, a type of skin and mucous membrane disorder that is quite serious and quite rare.
- Allergy symptoms that affect the skin include the appearance of a red rash and itching
Dosis Betason N
Betason N is available in cream form and packaged in a tube with a content of 5 g. In each package, 1 mg of Betamethasone valerate and 5 mg of Neomycin sulfate are contained. The dose given is depending on the size of the infection experienced. Its use is 2 to 3 times per day. Apply a thin layer of medicine, then you can wrap it in gauze.
The dosage can change depending on the patient’s condition. However, do not change the dose yourself without instructions from your doctor. Using this drug in excessive and long-term doses is not recommended.
– Advertisement –
Betason N Side Effects N
Betason N has the potential to cause side effects due to its use. The following are some of the symptoms of side effects that commonly arise due to Betason N:
- Skin irritation
- Itching and burning
- Dry skin
- Acne occurs
- Thinning of the skin
- Stretch mark
- Dilation and thickening of the small blood vessels under the skin
The side effects mentioned above certainly do not always occur, but they can occur depending on the patient’s condition. If you experience any of the symptoms of the side effects above, stop using the drug immediately and contact your doctor for further treatment.
Attention and Warning
Before using this drug, you need to know that Betason N is a strong type of drug which is basically better if obtained by prescription. In order to maintain safety from using this drug, here are some things that should be a concern and warning for you:
- Do not use this medication in patients with hypersensitivity to Betamethasone valerate, Neomycin sulfate, or any of the components in this medication.
- Do not use this drug in patients with hypersensitivity to any aminoglycoside class of atibotic drugs.
- Do not use this medication for the long term as it can cause drug-resistant bacteria and can amplify the systemic side effects of the drug.
- The use of Betamethasone is known to have a negative effect on fetal growth, so the use of this drug in pregnant women is not recommended unless based on medical consideration from a doctor.
- The use of this drug in nursing mothers and children is also not recommended, unless under the supervision of a doctor.
- Use caution in patients with tuberculosis of the skin.
- This medicine cannot be used for primary skin infections caused by viruses, fungi, and bacteria.
- This drug is a topical drug, meaning that this drug is only used as an external medicine. Do not use this medication in sensitive areas such as near the eyes, mouth and nose.
- Always consult your doctor about any health conditions or other medications you are currently taking to avoid drug interactions.
DoctorHealthy | © 2020 PT Media Health USA. All Rights Reserved
Regarding the drug AZ
Register your email address and get the latest Health Information and Tips. Subscribe