If you are concerned about the use of drugs, it is advisable to seek help immediately. If you don’t feel ready to talk openly with your doctor about your concerns, you can explore our simple series of questions to find out if you are addicted to drugs or alcohol. If you are honest about drug use (you don’t have to say that this is just a “test to know if I am an inconclusive drug addict”), you are not going to hide the reality of the addiction of yourself using denial, anger, resentment or blame and you will be willing to accept the help of a drug rehab center.
If you answer yes or no honestly to the following questions, the result can guide you in the right direction. If you decide you need help, Adiccion.co can help you locate a quality rehabilitation center.
- Do you sometimes think you have problems with drugs?
- Do you take drugs weekly?
- Do you experience mood swings when you don’t take drugs?
- Do you take more than one type of drugs at a time?
- Have you ever taken a substance without knowing what it was?
- Are you angry when someone talks to you about your drug use?
- Do you take medications to wake up or sleep every day?
- Do you take prescription medications for reasons other than what you normally should?
- Is using drugs causing problems at school or work?
- Have you ever lied to a doctor to get more medications?
- Have you promised yourself that you will no longer take drugs, but have been unable to keep your promise?
- Have you lost friends due to drug use?
- Have you bought drugs despite financial difficulties?
- Have you gotten into trouble with the law due to drug use?
- Have you stolen to buy drugs?
- Do you experience anxiety when not taking drugs (intense physical and psychological need for a medication)?
- Have you ever taken an overdose?
If you answered yes to two or more questions, it may be a sign of a drug problem. If you answered yes to four or more questions, you are likely to have a problem with drugs and should seek professional help at a drug treatment center.
Drug addiction is a treatable disease. Choosing the right drug treatment center can make the difference between building a solid foundation for recovery or relapse.